Liposuction currently ranks as the number two cosmetic surgery procedure in the US after breast augmentation. While a growing number of patients are seeking this surgery every year, they should make the decision only after careful deliberation and after clarifying all their issues and concerns with the cosmetic surgeon.
Once the patient is completely clear about liposuction and satisfied with the surgeon’s answers, they will be better placed to make the right choice. Dr. Landon McLain is a double board certified cosmetic and oral & maxillofacial surgeon providing liposuction and various other procedures to patients in Huntsville, Madison, Florence, Decatur, Scottsboro, Cullman, Athens, Alabama, and surrounding communities.
Questions about the Cosmetic Surgeon
- Are you a board certified or fellowship trained cosmetic surgeon?
- How many years of training and experience do you have in performing cosmetic surgery and other procedures?
- Have you performed liposuction surgery previously, and what is your success rate in such body contouring procedures?
- Where would you perform the surgical procedure in my case?
- Do you have operating privileges at one of the local hospitals?
- Is your practice equipped to deal with any emergency that may arise during or after the surgery?
- Do you have a policy for revision surgeries, in case I am unhappy with the results?
Questions about Liposuction
- Will I make a marvelous candidate for liposuction surgery?
- Will you perform liposuction using general or local anesthesia?
- Which liposuction technique and technology would you recommend for me?
- What would be the estimated duration of the procedure, and will I have to stay overnight at the hospital?
- Are there any preparatory steps that I am required to take prior to the surgery?
- Can you provide with a few liposuction ‘before and after’ photographs of previous patients?
Questions about Recovery
- Is the liposuction recovery going to be long and painful?
- After how long can I return to my workplace?
- Are there any steps I can take to make the recovery safer and quicker?
- What are the potential risks and complications in liposuction?
- Will I require some aftercare at home, and for how long?
Questions about Costs
- What would be the estimated cost of liposuction surgery?
- Does your price include pre- and post-operative expenses?
- Will the costs reduce if my procedure is performed at a surgery center instead of a hospital?
- Will I have to pay for post-surgical appointments?
- If I choose to have multiple procedures performed, will it make me eligible for any rebates or a package price?
- Will your office offer me guidance or assistance with regard to insurance and financing options?
A dedicated surgeon will strive to provide detailed and accurate answers to all the questions, and explain them in a patient-friendly language. Double board certified cosmetic and oral & maxillofacial surgeon Dr. McLain receives patients from Huntsville, Madison, Florence, Decatur, Scottsboro, Cullman, Athens, Alabama, and nearby areas for liposuction surgery and various other procedures.
McLain Surgical Arts is a leading cosmetic surgery practice headed by Dr. Landon D. McLain MD, DMD, FACS in Huntsville, AL. Dr. McLain is a double board certified cosmetic and oral & maxillofacial surgeon, offering a variety of procedures such as dental implants, wisdom teeth extraction, breast augmentation, liposuction, rhinoplasty, tummy tuck, facelift, Botox, and laser skin resurfacing. For more information or to schedule a consultation call 256.429.3411 or click here. Now taking patients from Huntsville, Scottsboro, Decatur, Madison, Athens, Florence, Cullman, AL and surrounding areas.