Liposuction, like all cosmetic procedures, is a personal journey for a patient.
The patient should choose to go ahead with liposuction only after they are fully convinced about their decision and have a fair amount of understanding of various aspects of the surgery. They should ask questions from the liposuction surgeon and clarify any doubts or concerns.
Patients who choose liposuction after careful deliberation, and after considering all the benefits and limitations, will often feel more satisfied with the final results.
A dedicated surgeon will provide answers to all questions of the patient in a detailed and accurate manner. Cordial cosmetic surgeon Dr. Landon D. McLain provides liposuction to patients in Huntsville, Madison, Florence, Decatur, Scottsboro, Cullman, Athens, Alabama, and surrounding communities in the stellar Yellowhammer State.
Questions about the Plastic Surgeon
- How long have you trained and worked in the field of plastic surgery?
- Do you have experience specifically in the area of body contouring procedures such as liposuction, and what is your patient satisfaction rate in these procedures?
- Would you suggest a hospital or an accredited surgical center as the operating venue for my surgery?
- Do you have operating privileges at one of the local hospitals?
- Is your practice equipped to handle an emergency, if it may arise during or after the surgery?
- Do you have a policy for revision procedures if the results are not in line with what we initially agreed on?
Questions about Liposuction Surgery
- Am I a suitable candidate for liposuction?
- Which surgical technique would you recommend in my case to perform liposuction surgery?
- Will you use general or local anesthesia with sedation to perform my procedure?
- What will be the duration of the surgery, and can I go back home the same day?
- Are there any precautions or special care instructions I need to follow prior to the surgery?
- Can I have access to a few liposuction before and after photographs to have a more realistic understanding of the results?
Questions about Recovery
- How long and painful will be my recovery after liposuction?
- How much downtime will be involved?
- Are there any steps I can take to the make the recovery easier and faster?
- What are the post-operative risks and complications?
- When can I return to my daily routine, including my exercise regimen?
Questions about Costs
- What will be the estimated cost of liposuction surgery?
- Does the cost include the pre- and post-op expenses?
- If liposuction is performed at a surgery center instead of a hospital, will it significantly reduce my costs?
- Will you charge for all the post-surgical appointments?
- If I choose to combine liposuction with another procedure, will I be eligible for a rebate or a package price?
- Will your office guide me about the right financing options?
The patient should also request for testimonials of previous patients who have received cosmetic procedures at the practice. Prudent and dependable cosmetic surgeon Dr. Landon D. McLain receives patients from Huntsville, Madison, Florence, Decatur, Scottsboro, Cullman, Athens, Alabama, and other communities and cities in this part of the southeast.
McLain Surgical Arts is a leading cosmetic surgery practice headed by Dr. Landon D. McLain MD, DMD, FACS in Huntsville, AL. Dr. McLain is a double board certified cosmetic and oral & maxillofacial surgeon, offering a variety of procedures such as dental implants, wisdom teeth extraction, breast augmentation, liposuction, rhinoplasty, tummy tuck, facelift, Botox, and laser skin resurfacing. For more information or to schedule a consultation call 256.429.3411 or click here.
Now taking patients from Huntsville, Scottsboro, Decatur, Madison, Athens, Florence, Cullman, AL and surrounding areas.