Individuals seeking to reduce unsightly fat bulges from certain areas of the body and regain more attractive body contours may consider liposuction. Liposuction continues to be one of the most sought-after body sculpting cosmetic surgery procedures for over 30 years.
Judicious cosmetic surgeon Dr. Landon D. McLain provides liposuction to patients in Huntsville, Madison, Florence, Decatur, Scottsboro, Cullman, Athens, Alabama, and surrounding locations in The Heart of Dixie.
Informing the Patient on All Aspects of the Surgery
As a first step in the preparation for the liposuction procedure, the surgeon will meet the patient for a detailed consultation. During the pre-operative consultation, the surgeon will inform the patient of the entire liposuction procedure, its risks and complications, and the preparation that they need to undertake before the surgery.
Furthermore, the surgeon will provide the patient with details such as the type of anesthesia used for the procedure, the finances involved, and the meds and supplies that they need to arrange in advance.
The surgeon will also discuss the patient’s medical history as well as their smoking and drinking behaviors to assess their specific risks during the surgery.
Instructions for Preparation
Some basic guidelines that can enable the patient to have a safe and predictable liposuction surgery and recovery include:
- Arrange for health records from the physician, specialist, and hospitals to be sent to the surgeon’s practice for evaluation.
- Enlist all prescription and OTC medications as well as vitamins, supplements and herbal medications that the patient takes at present.
- In case the surgeon requires a change in the schedule of certain medicines, arrange for them to speak with the physician.
- Do not smoke for a specific duration before and after the surgery as recommended by the surgeon prior to the surgery.
- Finish any pressing work or home-related tasks before the liposuction procedure to enjoy a comfortable and relaxed recovery period.
- Ask a family member or friend or employ a professional caregiver to help during the initial two to three days following the procedure.
- Request a responsible person to drive them back home after the surgery.
By following the surgeon’s guidelines for the surgery and recovery phase, patients can decrease the risks associated with this procedure and enhance liposuction outcomes.
Preparatory Steps before the Surgery
At times, patients may receive a printed set of standard guidelines from the surgeon as a part of the preparation for liposuction surgery. These guidelines may include:
- Quit using of blood thinners, NSAIDs, and any other similar meds for nearly two weeks prior to the procedure.
- Avoid using vitamin C, vitamin E, dietary pills, and herbal supplements for nearly three to four weeks before the procedure.
- Do not consume alcohol for a minimum of 48 hours prior to the surgery.
- Do not consume food or beverages for eight hours before the procedure.
- Take adequate rest and sleep properly on the night prior to the procedure.
- Do not use any makeup, nail polish, jewelry, body piercings or contact lenses before arriving to the surgical venue.
- Wear loose, comfortable, and front open clothing on the day of the liposuctions surgery.
- If the patient has diabetes, they should have their vital parameters assessed before the surgery.
Astute cosmetic surgeon Dr. Landon D. McLain receives patients from Huntsville, Madison, Florence, Decatur, Scottsboro, Cullman, Athens, Alabama, and other cities and towns in this marvelous state of Alabama for liposuction.
McLain Surgical Arts is a leading cosmetic surgery practice headed by Dr. Landon D. McLain MD, DMD, FACS in Huntsville, AL. Dr. McLain is a double board certified cosmetic and oral & maxillofacial surgeon, offering a variety of procedures such as dental implants, wisdom teeth extraction, breast augmentation, liposuction, rhinoplasty, tummy tuck, facelift, Botox, and laser skin resurfacing. For more information or to schedule a consultation call 256.429.3411 or click here.
Now taking patients from Huntsville, Scottsboro, Decatur, Madison, Athens, Florence, Cullman, AL and surrounding areas.