Your face is aesthetically the most important and visible part of an individual’s persona. Therefore, a major cosmetic surgery procedure such as facelift should be chosen after due deliberation, and should be performed by a fully trained and experienced surgeon.
During the initial consultation, the patient will have an opportunity to ask questions and clear their doubts and concerns about the procedure.
Once the patient is well-informed about facelift surgery, they will feel more confident about it. They can also choose the right surgeon once they are fully aware of their professional credentials and background. Experienced cosmetic surgeon Dr. Landon McLain provides facelift surgery to patients in Huntsville, Madison, Florence, Decatur, Scottsboro, Cullman, Athens, Alabama, and surrounding locations.
Questions to Ask
The patient should ideally have a list of questions ready in advance and carry to the surgeon’s office for the pre-op consultation. Some of the important questions to ask during the consultation may include:
- What are your professional qualifications in medicine and surgery?
- How many years of training and experience do you have in the area of cosmetic surgery?
- Have you previously performed facial procedures, and what is your success rate?
- Do I make a good candidate for facelift surgery?
- Would you perform the facelift procedure at a hospital or an accredited surgical center?
- Would you recommend facelift using general anesthesia or local anesthesia with sedation?
- Which facelift surgery technique would be most appropriate in my case?
- Do you have an appropriately trained team of staff members to assist during the procedure?
- Can I meet with you on each of my appointments in connection with my facelift surgery?
- Can I have access to facelift surgery before and after photos of earlier patients?
- Would you share testimonials or reviews of some of your patients who may have received a facial surgery from you?
- Can I speak to one of your staff members to learn more about your practice and familiarize with your office?
- In the rare event of an emergency, will your office be equipped to deal with it?
- How long would it take inside the operating room to perform the procedure?
- Are there any potential risks and complications that I should be aware of?
- What is the estimated cost of facelift surgery, including pre- and post-surgical expenses?
- How long would it take to recover after the procedure?
- Is there any way to make the procedure less invasive?
- How long will it take for the full results of facelift surgery to appear?
To learn more about the surgeon’s practice, the patient should go through their official website prior to the consultation. They may also try to learn more about facelift surgery by visiting online forums such as RealSelf.
Interacting with another patient who has already undergone facelift may give them more insights about the procedure from a patient’s perspective. Dr. McLain receives patients from Huntsville, Madison, Florence, Decatur, Scottsboro, Cullman, Athens, Alabama, and other cities in the Yellowhammer State for facelift surgery.
McLain Surgical Arts is a leading cosmetic surgery practice headed by Dr. Landon D. McLain MD, DMD, FACS in Huntsville, AL. Dr. McLain is a double board certified cosmetic and oral & maxillofacial surgeon, offering a variety of procedures such as dental implants, wisdom teeth extraction, breast augmentation, liposuction, rhinoplasty, tummy tuck, facelift, Botox, and laser skin resurfacing. For more information or to schedule a consultation call 256.429.3411 or click here. Now taking patients from Huntsville, Scottsboro, Decatur, Madison, Athens, Florence, Cullman, AL and surrounding areas.