Lifting the Brow
Botox and fillers can only do so much to help with a drooping brow. Aging and heredity cause many changes in the way we look, including sagging skin. As we age, we lose collagen and elasticity in our skin, which allows the skin to sag.
The Brow Lift also known as a forehead lift, raises the eyebrows to decrease the appearance of wrinkles and frown lines and to lift sagging skin. You may choose to have a brow lift if you have a low, sagging brow or brow asymmetry.
Brow lift techniques vary depending on your desired results. Dr. McLain will discuss with you the technique he will use for your surgery. The procedure will be done in a surgical facility and you will be placed under general anesthesia.
A brow lift can provide some of the following benefits:
- Improve frown lines, the vertical creases that develop between the eyebrows
- Reduce wrinkle lines that develop horizontally across the forehead
- Reduce wrinkles that occur on the bridge of the nose, between the eyes
- Raise sagging brows that are hooding the upper eyelids
- Place the eyebrows in an alert and youthful position
You will be given specific instructions on how to care for your incisions. In the first few days after your brow lift:
- Rest with your head elevated and take pain medication as prescribed by Dr. McLain
- Apply cold compresses to relieve swelling
- Avoid any activity that causes excessive pressure or motion
Depending on your needs and desires, Dr. McLain may also perform other procedures along with your brow lift. These may include upper and lower eyelid surgery, a facelift and skin resurfacing.
If you are ready for a more youthful appearance, call Dr. McLain’s office and make an appointment for your consultation, today.
Contact McLain Surgical Arts in Huntsville, AL to Schedule a Consultation
McLain Surgical Arts is a leading cosmetic surgery practice headed by Dr. Landon D. McLain MD, DMD, FACS in Huntsville, AL. Dr. McLain is a double board certified cosmetic and oral & maxillofacial surgeon, offering a variety of procedures such as dental implants, wisdom teeth extraction, breast augmentation, liposuction, rhinoplasty, tummy tuck, facelift, Botox, and laser skin resurfacing.
Now taking patients from Huntsville, Scottsboro, Decatur, Madison, Athens, Florence, Cullman, AL and surrounding areas.